Overview of services:
|Udobi Campbell, Pharm.D., MBA, Associate Chief Pharmacy Officer|
The Department of Pharmacy Inpatient Operations Division provides an array of services which support care of patients in both the inpatient and outpatient arenas. These services include:
- Sterile preparation and distribution of both hazardous and nonhazardous medications in a USP 797-compliant environment.
- Unit Dose medication distribution utilizing a hybrid model which involves the use of patient care unit-based automated dispensing cabinets (ADC), robotic unit dose preparation and first dose dispensing.
- Comprehensive ADC management.
- Controlled substance management.
- Code cart procurement, assembly, distribution and maintenance.
- Night shift pharmacy support which encompasses services outlined above and medication order review.