Overview of services:
|Ann Scates - McGee, Pharm.D., Coordinator of Medication Policy|
The Center for Medication Policy (CMP) is a team within the Department of Pharmacy that collects, organizes, analyzes, and disseminates information on medication use. The CMP integrates its activities with the clinical, safety, informatics, administrative, and drug distribution systems of the Department to optimize drug therapy for patients.
Functions of the CMP include:
- Answer patient specific and general inquiries regarding all aspects of medication use.
- Provide accurate, timely, unbiased evidence based drug information in support of rational medication therapy and policy.
- Provide support to the Pharmacy and Medication Management Committee (PMMC) and the Pharmacy & Therapeutics Committee and its subcommittees (Formulary & Informatics Subcommittee, Medication Safety Subcommittee and Formulary Evaluation Teams).
- Participate in formulary management activities.
- Support the dissemination of drug information via the Center for Medication Policy and Pharmacy Department webpages as well as electronic memos/newsletters.
- Participate and support the conduct of medication use evaluations.
- Monitor and assist with the implementation of drug shortage action plans.
- Track and develop medication specific Risk Evaluation and Mitigation Strategies (REMS) programs.
- Review and track departmental drug information resources subscriptions.
- Provide a learning environment in which pharmacy students and residents can acquire or enhance skills necessary to respond to and research medication related issues.
The CMP is staffed Monday through Friday from 8AM to 5PM at 919-684-5125. After hours consultations are provided by page (919-970-8110). Non-emergency requests may be left on voicemail.
- Lisa Bendz, Pharm.D., BCPS
- Ann Scates McGee, Pharm.D.
- Cathy Vaughan, Pharm.D.
- Doug Raiff, Pharm.D., BCPS
Access the Center for Medication Policy web site: http://www.formweb.com/duke/