Overview of services:
The Department of Pharmacy Inpatient Pharmacy Services Division provides an array of services which support care of patients in both the acute and ambulatory arenas. These services include:
- Sterile preparation and distribution of both hazardous and nonhazardous medications in a USP 797-compliant environment.
- Unit Dose medication distribution utilizing a hybrid model which involves the use of patient care unit-based Automated Dispensing Cabinets (ADC) and first dose dispensing.
- Integrated patient specific delivery and ADC replenishment delivery model.
- Comprehensive ADC management.
- Controlled substance management.
- Code cart procurement, assembly, distribution and maintenance..
- On a daily basis, the team prepares 4500 doses and restocks 26,000 doses into ADCs.