Overview of services
Three pharmacists and one full-time and one part-time data manager comprise the dedicated and experienced staff in the Medication Safety division. Services provided include:
- Management, investigation, and scoring of medication-related events reported via the Safety Reporting System (SRS)
- Generation of monthly and quarterly reports which permit ongoing monitoring, trending and analysis of medication related safety issues
- Preparation of ad hoc and custom reports to support safety efforts at the local, clinical service unit, institution and health system level
- Facilitation of discussions around trends or specific medication related events which lead to actions aimed at addressing system failures and associated root causes
- Biweekly distribution of the Institute for Safe Medication Practices Newsletter
- Development of formal and informal safety data presentations tailored to audiences across the health system.
- Consultations regarding specific safety issues, new products and label changes.
- Education and promotion of safe medication practices.