Pharmacy Residency Application Information
Thank you for your interest in Duke’s Pharmacy Residency Program. The following Duke Pharmacy Residency Programs utilizes the online PhORCAS Application System:
- PGY1 & PGY2 Health System Pharmacy Administration (HSPA)
- PGY2 Ambulatory
- PGY2 Cardiology
- PGY2 Critical Care
- PGY2 Internal Medicine
- PGY2 Emergency Medicine
- PGY2 Oncology
- PGY2 Pediatrics
- PGY2 Transplant
- PGY1 Applications - January 1
- PGY2 Applications - January 5
- HSPA Applications - January 5
- Drug Information Applications - December 15th
Health System Pharmacy Administration residency applicants also must complete a UNC graduate school application in addition to the residency program application.
Complete applications include the following:
- An application form submitted through the PhORCAS Application Portal
- Cover letter (approximately 1 page)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Pharmacy College transcripts
- PhORCAS Standardized Recommendations
- PGY1 programs - Four (4) recommendations (at least two (2) from clinical preceptors)
- PGY2 programs - Three (3) recommendations
- National Matching Services/ASHP Residency Matching Program Number
All applicants must be registered with the National Matching Service.
Applicants selected for an onsite interview will be contacted by the residency program director to discuss available dates. Onsite interviews will be held between January and March.
The Duke/Glaxo Drug Information Program does NOT utilize the PhORCAS Application System and does not require registration with the National Matching Service. For more information, application materials and deadlines for this program, contact Ann Scates McGee, Pharm.D., Director of the Center for Medication Policy: email@example.com.