The program consists of 2,000 hours of contact time, extending over a one year period from July1 through June 30 th . One month rotations in areas of pediatric specialization offer experience in a multidisciplinary team approach to pediatric heath care. These specialty rotations include:
- General Pediatrics 2 months: Rotations on 2 different teams with hospitalists and specialists caring for a
variety of patients including general, pulmonary, cardiology, gastroenterology, hematology/oncology, nephrology, endocrinology, allergy/immunology, and infectious diseases.
- Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU) 1 month: The 16 bed PICU is a multidisciplinary unit that provides care for critically ill or injured infants, children, and adolescents.
- Pediatric Cardiac Intensive Care Unit (PCICU) 1 month: The 16 bed PCICU cares for the special needs of young cardiac patients. Patients include postsurgical repairs of congenital heart disease, heart transplantation, ECMO, postcatheterizations, and specialized electrophysiology procedures.
- Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) 1 month: The 68 bed NICU provides comprehensive care for premature and fullterm infants with complex neonatal problems. The NICU is a major referral center for term infants with respiratory failure and persistent pulmonary hypertension, perinatal asphyxia, and complex surgical problems, especially those with congenital diaphragmatic hernia.
- Pediatric Bone Marrow Transplant Unit (PBMTU) 1 month: The 16 bed unit is an internationally recognized program dedicated to providing outstanding care and support of pediatric patients who can be helped by transplantation therapy.
- Children’s Health Center Pharmacy/Ambulatory Care 1 month: The Children’s Health Center Clinic/Day Hospital Support Pharmacy provides drug products and information to health care providers taking care of patients in the day hospital, treatment rooms, and procedure areas of the Children’s Health Center.
- Pediatric Cardiac and Complex care Unit
- Second month of a required rotation
- Emergency Medicine
- Infectious Diseases
- Solid Organ Transplantation